Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dump What?

I have to share our recent misery of desserts. I'm not a cook and have never enjoyed cooking. Oddly enough though, I do like trying new recipes. That might have a lot to do with why I don't like cooking because things often taste kind of funky and unpalatable when I try new things. So we tried a cherry crisp recipe a couple of nights ago that looked pretty and fluffy (and yummy) on the webpage, but it turned out like a cherry granola bar. No fluffy, no pretty, and only barely yummy. It made use of the cherries on our tree, which was the goal, so I can't complain too much.

Tonight, however, was a bigger flop. A friend told me she made a "Dump Cake" with pineapple and cherry pie filing that was good. Hmmm, how hard can that be? I looked up a recipe that sounded identical to hers, the girls and I "dumped" it together with great anticipation, and were rewarded with something quite odd looking and very strange tasting.

Here's some quotes about our dump cake:
"Shovel it in, so it will be gone soon"

"Well, this is interesting"

"It's better than I thought it would be"

"It's not too yucky"

This is a photo of Winky's reaction when I asked her if she liked the dump cake. Screaming in horror or opening wide for a REALLY big bite, not sure. The ice cream seemed to help at least.

No comments: