Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Picnicing

Spring weather is finally here in Iowa and we had a great time on our picnic yesterday. The girls loved being outside and we're going to attempt a goal of exploring our local parks. I think we can get out the maps and guidebook and try to figure out the best playgrounds available! We need the weather to give us a break before we can go to some of the bigger parks. The Iowa River is still out of it's banks and we need a dry spell to help things along.

Of course we had to end the night with a trip to our favorite ice cream hang-out. Hubby likes to take nightly walks down there during the summer. Yum, yum.
Saturday was the girls gymnastics showcase day and we have a couple of pics from that to share. I have to add that Gussie's event took an hour, it went event by event, started on time, and we expected Winky's to be similar. I dropped her off 10 minutes early, went to get a seat and go to the bathroom, came back....and she was almost done. I was ticked! The presentation wasn't even supposed to have started yet and I got to see 10 seconds of her routine. I pretended to be a mature grown up and didn't throw a fit (it was hard) but I really wanted to beg, plead, stomp my feet....to make them let her go again since I missed it, but I figured we've got next year. No potty breaks next time!

This is a major achievement for Gussie. She loves gymnastics...but hates the beam. She fell once in practice but even before that she's been afraid to move across the beam. We were very proud of her that she did her whole routine up there. She did awesome on every event that day. And...I got to see them. ;)

No comments: