Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Wedding Day is Finally Here

The wedding was a lot of fun and just a little stress for us. Getting the girls ready that morning drove me crazy because Winky decided it was a gymnastics day at Aunt Di's and messed up her hair over and over again. Gussie cried every time I tried to put her hair up and I think the emotions of the day were just getting to her. Is this a bad sign of how things will go today?? is what I was thinking.

The girls were invited to get ready with the "big" girls (Kristin and the bridesmaids) and they basically stared in awe as Kristin put on her beautiful dress. I hope dreams of big weddings aren't dancing in their heads. ;-)

We rode to the church in the big limo with the bridal party and Gussie thought that was very exciting. Winky used the opportunity for a much needed nap and doesn't remember much beyond the tvs and the music.

This shot came out a little blurry because I didn't use my flash but it's still cute of everyone waiting for Kristin's arrival. I wish I had a full shot of Kristin in her dress, she was BEAUTIFUL!

Gussie was worn out and needed some Daddy time after the ceremony.

The girls perked up by the reception. They loved all the little details like the crystal trees, the bells on the tables, the Boston Baked Beans (a highlight for them), and the "fancy party" for Kristin and Nick. Both girls said dancing with their Daddy was their favorite part of the day.

Cutting the cake.

Steve, Di, Lynda and Marcy.

No comments: